- Buddha sat under the tree of knowledge until he attained enlightenment that set him free.
- In India, the cosmic tree was the symbol of universal life and immortality.
- In China, the tree of life has grown from ages past to an incredible height in paradise, which is a garden high up in the Tibetan Mountains.
- In Japan, you find the holy Sakaki trees growing on the mountain of heaven. It preserves the connection between paradise and each nation.
- In ancient Rome, Jupiter was originally worshipped in the form of a high oak tree.
- Adam and Eve, in the garden of Paradise, encountered the tree of knowledge.
- Colonial "reports" from New England stated that witches chose ash wood for their broom handles and birch twigs for their brooms.