Ecosystem Benefits - Science (Wildlife, Biodiversity) or Social Studies
- READ the Lorax by Dr. Seuss - discuss the book and the symbolism in "The Lorax..."
Set up a "Save the Truffula Trees" foundation.
- REFERENCE BOOK: "Log's Life" by Wendy Pfeffer
- ACTIVITY - choose a group of plants/animals. Copy them onto a page to create a food chain, and show how, in the sequence, they live on or off the next animal in a circle. Draw arrows between the groups all going in the same direction.
- ACTIVITY - Current events research on local forests in general and/or rainforests, their environmental impact and the status.
- PREPARATION: Have each child choose a rainforest food to bring into class at the end of the week.
ACTIVITY - have a rainforest feast including all foods that are products of the rainforest.